Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy, Happy, Happy!

So Ava has been asking for my mom "baba". I took both the kids up to the new assisted living yesterday. Ava looked utterly bored the whole time...Hmmm Just as I thought it would be too much of a long ride just for a quick errand.

We get there and Ava transitions really well.Everett is hanging in there...We find mom in her room. I sit down and nurse Everett. Ava is very interested in mom but doesn't want go near her. Think mom was fine with that...They always just seem to work it out.

Back story...Neither have been able to talk for most of Ava's life. But Ava has taken to mom. She hugs her, asks to "help" and generally just likes her. Do I get it? No way...but it is kinda interesting. I wonder if there is some genetic understanding...a basic human connection to our grandmas.

I talked to my mom. Asking her questions about her day program new assisted living...Finally I ask "are you happy?" She replies "yes"...Stop the presses my bipolar chronically chaotic mother is happy and admits it! This is big!

This has been my goal. This is why I worked my butt off last year while pregnant with Everett. Getting my mother out of that craphole of a nursing home and into a place she could have a quality of life! Well check that on the goal list!

I kept visualizing a 4 way stop sign. Jordan, Ava, Everett and Mom. In that moment driving home (windows down, humidity not horrible), knowing mom is happy, Ava and Everett are happy and healthy and Jordan is healthy (work is hard right now)...This was a moment I had to remember! Yes I will drive out of this intersection but that moment. It wasa keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment